13 May 2010

Character Auditions

Fair warning disclaimer---if you frequent the planet Earth and happen to cross paths with me, you have just auditioned to become one of my characters. Below is a list of how it works.

**If you catch me staring, you have just become a potential selectee---please do not be offended. You may not be placed right away, but I've stored you in my data files for later use.

**If I follow you please do not be alarmed. I am not stalking you, you are simply an instant winner. Stay tuned for new book releases, let me know when you recognize yourself.

**If you are without class, rude, a bad driver, or otherwise unpleasant you have just become an expendable character. I make examples of these folks, and they are usually the first to die.

**Intelligent potentials are held in very high esteem, especially when one also has a good sense of humor. This wit is tweeked, meticulously paired with the appropriate existing character, altered to fit a scenario, and then becomes dialog. Voila! How cool is that?

**If you're funny, you're probably going in. Personality is everything!

**My villan Dappo, believe it or not, originally came from yours truly. I don't blow stuff up, of course, but I wish I could have his temperment AND get away with it. I mean, we've all met that one person whose neck you'd just like to . . . hmm. How do I explain? Well, he gets to do all those things I've always kinda wished . . . maybe I shouldn't be writing this.

I appologize. my halo slipped. okay, where was i?

**In ENTANGLED, most of my characters were taken from my fellow militarians. if you were on a military base when I got/lived there, guess what! Read the book, let me know if you recognize yourself (including Mandy).

**In honor of our fallen soldiers, two of my static characters in ENTANGLED were actually chosen from the casualty list I frequent so often. Their names have been changed, of course, but at least a small part of these two heros lives on. A third KIA is alive and well in the second (unreleased) book in the series THE DEVIL'S GARDEN, and a fourth KIA hero has been selected and will soon awaken in the third book which I am currently writing. Auditions for this W.I.P. are ongoing.

So there you have it. That's how it's done. I do not personally know the majority of the volunteers in my books (actually, I only know two), but from the bottom of my heart . . . thank you. ox, dc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, opinions, suggestions, and interaction are welcome at the Fountain Pen. Please be respectful of others and keep it clean. Profanity and spiteful comments will be deleted. Thanks for visiting! ~DC